Thursday, February 12, 2009

Where's Waldo?

Last night, after we put Caleb to bed, he was up to his regular tricks of getting out of bed and shouting down to us from the top of the stairs. Tonight, however, I couldn't understand what he was saying. He called down and said "I need Dad's help to find..." and I couldn't understand the last word. Finally, from the other room, Chris said, "He wants me to help him find Waldo but he needs to go to sleep." Apparently, Caleb had his "Where's Waldo?" book with him in his room and he couldn't find Waldo on a specific page. We told him to go back to sleep, but about 10 minutes later, he was back at the top of the stairs.
"BU-UT! I NEED DADDY'S HELP! I DON'T KNOW WHERE WALDO IS!!"
He was yelling right outside of his sister's room, and by golly, I wasn't going to let him wake her up over Waldo.
Finally, I said, "We-ell....I'm going to come up there and take that book away from you."
Without missing a beat, Caleb said, "We-ell....I'm going to hold onto it REALLY tight."
The long and the short of it is: I got the book away from him, he threw a minor tantrum, and finally went in his room and didn't come out again. When I went to check on him an hour later, he was sleeping with dollar bills next to him (from his piggy bank), hugging his new shoes, and he was also wearing khaki pants. I'm seriously thinking of installing a little camera up there so we can watch exactly what he does when he's in his room alone!! :)

4 comments:

Erin Lewis said...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get the camera and post whatever you see him doing, I bet it is hilarious! That is too funny that he had all that with him in bed, and even funnier that he has such good come backs to him Mommy and Daddy! I better watch how much I laugh because my turn is coming.

CabinGarden said...

I can only imagine you and Chris sitting downstairs eating popcorn and watching your son as entertainment for the evening! LOL! "Best New Comedy" awards forthcoming...

Anonymous said...

That was so cute I had the "were's Waldo" book when I was little too!

babysitting buissness said...

Was he getting ready to run away? Cute...