Sunday, March 8, 2009

64th Wedding Anniversary

While Chris and I celebrated our anniversary on Friday, it was time to celebrate another---and even bigger---anniversary on Saturday. We met many aunts, uncles and cousins at my grandparent's house to celebrate my grandparents' 64th wedding anniversary!! It was so much fun to see cousins that I hadn't seen in so long and all the aunts and uncles that I don't normally see. My whole family was there and Torie even called and talked to pretty much everyone there. (Ben noted that once we hung up, the phone showed us that we were talking to her for 45 minutes. I don't want to see that phone bill!! j/k)

Here is the happy couple:


The kids were so happy to play with Uncle Jon, Uncle Ben and also some of their second cousins. As usual, Jon was having fun throwing the kids around.....(for the record, they love it, but it gives ME a heart-attack!)


My aunt had asked if I would come up with a game or some entertainment for everyone. I ended up making this Jeopardy board with questions all about my grandparents' marriage, wedding and other memories.


I'm glad that I did it because I learned so many things that I didn't know about their life together. Very interesting and lots of history there!!

Here's one last picture of my dad with his siblings:


Top Row: Mary, Therese, and Debra
Bottom Row: My dad (Greg) and Michael

They did a great job organizing everything and the meal was delicious!!!

Happy Anniversary, Grandma and Grandpa! Congratulations on 64 years of wedded bliss!!!

No comments: