Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pajama Day

No, the title doesn't mean we sat around the house in our PJs all day (although, you know that's my favorite thing to do!). At Caleb's preschool, it was Pajama Day today!! We picked out his PJs last night and this morning he was a little confused as to why I had him take his night-time jammies off and put on clean ones for school, but he thought it was fun nonetheless. It was super cute to see him walk into his class, walk right up to one of the little girls and say "I have dinosaurs on my pajamas. You have some nice pigs on yours." (She had little piggies all over hers---he wasn't just being rude....) :)

Talk about a crazy day!!! Chris got up and went to work pretty early. I assume it was early but it could have been his normal time since I could not drag myself out of bed. Luckily, I thought ahead and set my alarm clock, just in case I didn't feel like getting up. It went off at 8am and I was surprised to see that it was dark and gloomy outside. I woke the kids up pretty late---8:15am---and neither of them wanted to get out of bed either. I think I might have heard Hannah say "Do we have to get up?!" but I'm not sure... We all rushed out the door---including Jack. I dropped Jack off at the groomer's and then, of course, it started to rain. Isn't that always the way it goes? It's probably my fault anyway since I didn't look at the weather forecast before I made the appointment so oh, well. The rain did do something nice for us, however. It inspired me to think of spring! I got some rain coats for the kids. We're all ready for spring now so all it has to do is SHOW UP!! (Can you tell I'm sick of winter??)

Speaking of being sick of winter, this is why I haven't posted much in the last week. I'm in a seasonal funk. I feel like even if something funny happens around here, I'm too busy staring out the window and cursing at the snow to actually sit down and type it out. (I might be exaggerating a bit when I say that I curse at the snow...) I just need a couple more nice days (not today) and then maybe my head will clear enough to post again. Do excuse my absence...I'll be back soon! :p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had PJ day at my school for home coming and I have to admit it is pretty fun to be able to where your PJ's to school then put different ones on when you go to bed that night.

*gEEns* said...

I curse the snow FOR you if you dont! :)