With so many people that we know having babies right now (it's like a Baby Boom!) it's only natural for us to talk about when we want to have our third. Every now and then, Caleb will make comments about "the next baby" and ask when it will come. (We told him not until he's 5-years old....) Here are a few conversations we've had yesterday and this morning that were pretty surprising to me:
Yesterday morning, Caleb asked the classic question "Why do I have a baby sister?" I told him that God wanted him to have a baby sister so He gave us Hannah. Caleb made a pouty-face and said "But I don't want a baby sister. I want a baby brother!!" (I told him "better luck next time". Poor Hannah!!)
Last night, my brother- and sister-in-law came over for dinner. After dinner, we were all sitting in the living room watching "American Idol" and Hannah was sitting on the couch with them, playing and cuddling. Caleb was between Chris and I on the other couch, and he looked up at me and whispered "Are we going to give Hannah to them?" I told him "no." Caleb said "No, Mom. When Hannah grows up more, we're going to give her to Uncle John and Auntie Heather." Poor Hannah, again! Her big brother was trying to give her away! He was very hopeful that they would just take her home with them when they left, but nope! Sorry, Caleb!
This morning, we had all just woken up and we were talking about what we were going to do today. Caleb, of course, was snuggled in our bed, as usual. He said something, once again, about not wanting a baby sister. I told him that maybe when we have the next baby, it will be a boy. He said "No, I don't want another baby in this house!" So, I tried a different approach---I said "Maybe Hannah wants to be a big sister just like how you're a big brother." He thought about this for a minute and then changed his tune: he said that he wants us to have two baby girls and two baby boys who are all twins so they can all wear shirts that looks the same. I said that I didn't think we would have FOUR babies but he was pretty adamant about it. He said "It's okay, Mom. Jack can take care of two babies and Hannah and me can take care of the other two babies!" He has it all figure out, I guess, but it's still VERY unlikely that we'll end up with quadruplets at any point in our lives. I was surprised at how he switched between not wanting any babies to all of a sudden wanting four at one time. Wishful thinking!!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment