Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cold cold cold....

Well, it's Wednesday and this is basically my first post of the week. Rain and colds have been getting us down but we're finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. On Monday, both kids had fevers so I stayed home with them and we had a relaxing sick-day. By Monday night, Caleb's fever was almost up to 102 degrees so I left a message with preschool that he wouldn't be there the next day. One slight issue was that I had scheduled Hannah's' 15-month well-check-up at the doctor for Tuesday morning and I would have to wait for weeks to get her in if I rescheduled. My darling of a husband ended up helping me out immensely: he stayed home with Caleb, practically all morning, while I brought Hannah to the doctor. It was so nice and easy to only have one child with me at the doctor so it really helped that Chris stayed with Caleb.

So, now we're on to Tuesday....Hannah was feeling better (no fever) and the doctor just said that she has a little cold. He did skip her booster shot due to her fever the day before, however, so we'll have to go back next week for that. All in all, Hannah is ahead of the game on so many levels---she can say more words than expected for a child her age and the doctor was laughing at how much she chatters. ("Does she always talk this much?" he asked me with a chuckle. The answer is "YES!" I still don't know where she gets it.....) Hannah is up to 23 pounds and 9 ounces and 31 inches long. She's in the 75th percentile for height, weight and head circumference, so very well-proportioned. The doctor was also happy to hear that she'll eat anything we put in front of her and that she eats a lot in general, but he did warn that she might get to be more of a picky eater in the next few months. Grrrreat....I'm not looking forward to that! Anyhoo, the doctor visit was fabulous and we headed straight home to relieve Daddy of his "sick duty". Caleb seemed to be feeling much better, minus a cough, so I opted not to cancel the Bunco night that I was hosting at our house. Seven ladies came over after dinner and we were going to start playing, however we needed 8 people to play properly. I ended up convincing Chris to play with us after the kids were in bed. He did and we had a great time, but the drama ensued during the game as Caleb kept getting out of bed and making trouble upstairs. At one point, Hannah (who had been sleeping for over an hour) started crying hysterically. When I went up to check her out, I found her door wide open and a giggling Caleb sitting outside of his bedroom in the hallway. Apparently, he's learned how to open the child-proof door-handle thingys, so to get our attention, he went into Hannah's room, walked right up to her crib, and said very loudly "Good Night, Hannah!!!" She apparently has my crabby wake-up genes because she wasn't too happy at his attempt to be a "good big brother"....

Today is Wednesday and for the fourth day in a row, it's gloomy and the sky threatens rain. We plan to stay home again---not because the kids are sick but because we don't have any big plans to go anywhere. I hope the sun comes out again soon!! We miss you, Mr. Sun!

No comments: