Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Temporary Guest

If any of you noticed a fish bowl in one of the pictures I posted yesterday, you might be asking why I haven't posted about getting a fish yet. I planned to, but forgot. Then, I decided that I probably shouldn't write about it because I was sure that would jinx us and the fish would cease to live from that point on. Anyway, the back-story is that the fish used to belong to my mom. She had him for years and he was a worthy companion until recently. She decided that with no one home most days and evenings at her house, she should find a new home for him. She asked me and I was hesitant at first (we aren't really known for our "keeping-fish-alive" skills...). I changed my mind, however, when I realized that this was a gorgeous Lionhead Goldfish we were talking about.


This isn't the actual fish, but you get the idea. They are so pretty!! So, on March 6th, my mom brought the fish over to us and we got a new bowl for it and everything. Of course, there's not a happy end to this story: the fish died this morning. We were so enjoying his company and we thought he was doing great until this morning when he was hanging out at the bottom of his bowl. I think the poor guy had a stroke or something because he was just barely breathing for hours and hours. Caleb was pretty sad and I was really sad but, that said, we've still decided NOT to get another goldfish any time soon....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad. :( Guess I shouldn't have asked about him!

Anonymous said...

That's to bad sorry about that!:(

*gEEns* said...

Bummer, guess he liked being home alone! :P (sorry if that sounds morbid...)

Anonymous said...

RIP, fishy!