Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Spring?

It is officially SPRING! Spring is here! Spring is here! It's the best time of the year! Although, it doesn't quite feel like the spring we've been waiting for: both kids came down with colds and coughs today and the sun isn't shining (it's slightly dreary outside). I heard something funny on the radio yesterday: someone said "God made March so people who don't drink would know what a hang-over feels like." I had never thought of it in that way, but it's pretty true! :) However, we're not complaing about the dreariness----rain is SO much better than snow right now!

The past couple of days have been busy, busy, busy! On Friday, I was planning to get all of the laundry done (I was afraid the HUGE laundry pile that had accumulated would attack us in our sleep if I didn't whittle it down....) but Chris surprised us by coming home a little early. He had a mission in mind: new bikes for the whole family. Now, I haven't ridden a bike in, let's say, 10 years. Maybe more. Chris has an old bike and a bike trailer that Caleb likes to ride in. I've never gone on a bike ride with them (neither has Hannah for that matter---she's always been too small) but Chris REALLY wants to go on family bike rides this year. I agreed and I really thought that this would be the right year to get Caleb a bike with training wheels, so, we went in search of a bike. Problem was, we went to a professional bike shop FIRST and immediately walked up to bikes that cost $1000 or MORE. A *tad bit* out of our league, we decided. We went to Fleet Farm next, but, surprisingly enough, they had NO kids bikes for Caleb's age. By this point in the day, it had started raining, so we called off our "mission" and went home to spend a relaxing evening.

The next day (Saturday), I had a list of errands I wanted to run so I piled everyone in the car and started MY mission. (Which was to include shoe shopping but since Chris hates shoe shopping, I decided to let that errand hang until next week.) :) We ran to Target for a few things and, yes, you guessed it: we bought bikes and new helmets! Well, Caleb and I got bikes. Chris decided that he was going to soup-up the bike he already has which was what he's been working on today (Sunday). So, in honor of spring, we are going to start bike-riding as a family. However, you don't get to see pictures of our bikes today because the kids and I haven't stepped one foot out the door all day.

Also, a big shout-out to Ashley. She hosted a wonderful house-warming party for herself last night and we all had a wonderful time! Thanks for having us over and thanks for letting the kids run WILD! :)

No comments: