Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Back to the Big City

Today could have very possibly been one of those "lounge around the house" days with how tired we were when we woke up this morning. However, I knew that we'd probably go crazy staying home all day, so we headed out to Little Kids Big City to spend the morning. If you haven't heard of this fun play place, read my previous post HERE. It's a really fun place that looks like a little city and the kids can run around for hours there. (I was hoping that the running would lead to a nap when we got home.) Anyways, I once again forgot my camera so I have no pictures to show, but let me assure you, both kids had a BLAST! We met up with a bunch of MOMS Club friends and Caleb played "fire-fighter" with them for literally two hours. Someone asked me if Hannah likes to follow her brother around (on a regular basis) and I immediately said "yes". Then I realized that she really only likes to follow him around when he has something she wants. Otherwise, she really just follows her own path. I spend most of the morning following her around, trying to convince her that the toy food items were in fact toys and she wasn't allowed to eat them. (She didn't believe me---she "tasted" every toy food that she could find...) I even witnessed her walk down three step all by herself, balancing herself with the railing. It was pretty amazing!! The owner of the place asked us all of we'd like to order pizza for lunch so we ended up staying longer than we normally would, which was fine with both of my kids. No surprise here: Caleb wouldn't eat any pizza, but Hannah ate a whole piece by herself. Caleb's lunch consisted of a small yogurt and two potato chips----I wish this "eating like a bird" phase would end! By the time lunch was over, it was obvious to the parents that ALL the kids were getting tired. Our grand finale was when Caleb went down a slide head-first and bit his tongue as his face it the carpet. I had a wailing three-year old the whole way home so you can imagine how fun that was!! :)

By the way, when we left our house at 9:30am, it was 1 degree above zero outside. As we drove home at 12:30pm, it was 6 degrees. How depressing! It's sunny but super cold....I thought spring was right around the corner??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that grand fanally wasn't to "grand" for Caleb!!! It sounded like you guys had a blast!!!