Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Girls.....and Caleb

Yesterday (Saturday), Chris got up in the wee early hours of the morning and set off on a fishing adventure with his brothers and dad. They were planning to spend the night at the fishing lodge (in Wisconsin) so the kids and I were going to be on our own for the weekend. We decided to head up to Chris' parents' house and spend some time with Sue (my mother-in-law), Sarah (my sister-in-law) and Sarah's daughters. We got up there in time to go out for brunch and then went to Kyla's soccer game. (On a side note, I think it's time to sign Caleb up for a sport. He was practically crying because he wanted his "own soccer team".) After the game, we went back to Sue's house to make some cards and let the kids play.

Hannah took a nap and when she woke up, her hair was crazy!! Luckily, she's comfortable just being herself at Grandma's house so she ran around in her diaper for a good two hours after her nap.... :)


Paige helped Caleb put together a new United States puzzle. It was pretty big and they had a good time.


(I could only get pictures of Caleb making weird faces----he wouldn't sit still long enough to pose nicely.)

Sarah and the girls stopped at a garage sale on the way to Sue's and found this castle tent which we promptly set up in Sue's living room. (Thanks, Sue!!) The kids had fun pretending they were kings and queens and by the end of the day, we found pillows, blankets and all sorts of stuff inside the tent.


(If you look closely, you can see Paige peeking through the window on the left and Caleb peeking through the window on the right.) :)

We ended up heading home around dinner time and both kids fell asleep right away once we got in the car. It was fun to have somewhere to go on a day when we normally would have stayed home and done nothing special. Thanks for a great day, girls!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sully wants to play soccer, too. But I can't find a team for him until next year. Curses!

Kara said...

I have a tent that looks like that for when I was little but now I just use it for my rabbit so that she does not hop away:P