Who knew that a pinky-toe was so essential for keeping your balance when you walk? Yesterday, I stubbed my pinky-toe REALLY HARD on a table in our living room. A couple hours later, it was really hurting, majorly swelling and dark purple. Ugh... Chris and my mom suggested that I broke it and while Chris really wanted me to go get an x-ray, I decided to mend it myself. So, now I have two toes taped together (with medical tape) and I can only wear flip-flops. I think it's healing because it's more sore today (in a good way---if that makes sense) but the kids and I are going to stay home because it's hard to chase a one-year old when you can't run yourself!!
When I first smacked my toe, Hannah was sitting in her high chair having lunch. I would have started crying right then and there, but I was too busy laughing at Hannah. When I first hit my toe, I said "OWWWW!!!" Hannah shouted "OWWWWW!" just the same. Then I hopped up and down and said "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow...." and Hannah said "ow, ow, ow, ow..." just the same again! The part that really had me giggling is when I was huffing in and out because my toe hurt so bad and Hannah was mimicking my huffing. She sounded like a little animal or something---it was priceless! Who can cry or be sad around here when we've got two little clowns making us laugh all day??
Speaking of clowns, the oldest one did something that really surprised Chris and I yesterday: he fell asleep at preschool! Not just once, but twice during the day. The teacher told me that one of those times was in the middle of lunch and they actually put a pillow on the table for him so he could sleep! Poor kid! When I picked him up, he had the same droopy eyes that he's had for the past 5 days. This worried Chris and I, so we were trying to decided if this might require a trip to the doctor. We decided that he probably wasn't getting very good sleep at night due to his snoring and night-time coughing (all of that WILL result in a trip to the doctor in the next week or two) so we gave him a little dose of cough medicine before bed last night. Luckily, he woke up today looking bright and chipper---you'd never know that he was so droopy and tired for days beforehand. We might have found a short-term solution to his problem but pray that we figure out how a permanent way to help him get better night's sleep.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is all the doctor would have done, taped them together. There isn't anything to be done for broken toes, I have broken mine to many times to count. It just hurts badly. Hope it heals fast for you!!
Poor Caleb! Does he have allergies? Kate is starting to have problems for the first time ever. Poor thing can't breathe at night, snores like crazy. We are actually bringing her in today to see if the doc wants her on prescription meds or if over-the-counter is good enough.
Nice job fixing your toe--even if you went to the doctor, that's all they would have done. Trust me--I have broken most of my toes and my dad wouldn't even take me to get x-rayed. He would just tape it and tell me to take aspirin.
It is crazy how one little toe can be so painful. I hope your toe gets better! :)
Post a Comment