Sunday, May 17, 2009

ANOTHER Fabulous Night!

Well, first, I just have to rave about how lucky Chris and I are. We got to have our second date of the week last night. How nice to have two dates in one week when we normally go months in between our date nights. The reason why it worked out this way is because we've had last night's date planned since last October: we had tickets to see "The Phantom of the Opera".


This is my all-time favorite musical, so I was SUPER excited. Chris had not seen it yet and it reminded me how blessed I am to have a husband that lets me drag him to stuff like this! The kids went over to my parents' house for a slumber party and they were so excited about that, too. I think it might have had something to do with the fact that Grandma and Grandpa spoil those kids and also that both of my brothers were going to be spending the night there, too. It really was a party!! Anyways, Chris and I decided to take advantage of the time alone and go to dinner before the show. We went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse---compliments of my in-laws who had given us a gift card for that restaurant for Christmas. It was so much fun to have a relaxing dinner without kids throwing food on the floor. Once we got to the theater, we ran into some neighbors of ours which was so funny! (We always seem to run into someone we know every time we go see a play or musical.) All in all it was a fabulous night!! We once again have to thank our parents for their generosity--of their time and their gifts. Both have helped Chris and I have some fun times together lately. What a nice stress-reliever to get out of the house and know that our kids are in good hands while we're gone. :)

1 comment:

Erin Lewis said...

I just got caught up on your blog. I am so happy for al of the fun dates - Kevin and I just don't make the time for them and I am really missing the time together as a couple! I miss the "dating" feelings - it shows that you two have them still because you are so sweet to lavish your hubby with such wonderful comments/praises on your blog! BTW - I would totally be freaked to ride on the motorcycle too!