Friday, May 15, 2009

Thank You!!

Hannah has been talking so much lately and it's knocking Chris and I over with shock every day! She's always been a little gabby (again, I'm going to wonder aloud where the heck she got it?!) but it's so nice to hear to say actual words all on her own! After the "bubbles" incident a few days ago, she has randomly (but in the correct context) said "eyes", "hot", and several others. The best one is "tee-too!" which means "thank you" in Hannah-speak. Those who know me well know that I am very meticulous about my children saying "thank you". They are so blessed and so loved and so many people do such wonderful things for them, that I want them to be grateful, gosh darn-it! :) Anyhoo, it might seem crazy to tell a 1-year old to say "thank you" but it's all worth it when that 1-year old says "thank you" unprompted one day. This day occurred last week for Hannah and it was AWESOME!! She caught on so quickly and now says "thank you" about a hundred times a day. It goes something like this:

I hand her a cup of juice. "Tee-too!!"
I let her sit on my lap when I'm sitting on the floor. "Tee-too!!"
She walks up to Jack and takes a toy out of his mouth. "Tee-too!!"
She walks up to her brother and takes a toy out of his hand, leaving Caleb screaming. "Tee-too!!!"

I've found that she not only thanks you for things you give her, but also things that she takes. Let's just say, she has REALLY gotten the hang of that phrase! :)

No comments: