Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Busy but better...

Yesterday was another busy day but definitely better than Tuesday when it came to my children's moods. First off, I'm sure you've heard how HOT it's been here! Tuesday got up to 95 degrees and yesterday was no different. When I picked Caleb up from preschool on Tuesday, he specifically asked if we could NOT play outside because he had been out twice and was done with it. (Fine by me!!) Yesterday, we planned to meet my friend, Ashley, and her son for lunch and park time, but when Ashley found out how hot it was going to be again, she asked if we could meet at the Mall of America instead. (Again, fine by me! Did anyone else realize that I have a red-headed daughter?!) This leads me to a random over-view of my day yesterday:

9am: Caleb's first ever appointment with a dentist. I found a great pediatric dentist that came highly recommended. Chris went in the exam room with Caleb where they did a cleaning, x-rays and also found a cavity (which is the reason we were there in the first place, so, no surprise to us). I spent the 45 minutes in the waiting room with Hannah. She successfully got her knee stuck in a chair and called "Stuck! Stuck!" until I came to rescue her. While she was having her own fun, she was also very interested to hear how her brother did in the exam room. We were all on the edge of our seats as Caleb explained how they "took pictures" of his teeth and had him wear a "special blanket" while they took the pictures. Thank goodness for pediatric dentists!! Here is a picture of Caleb looking super-cool in the dentist's chair:



10:30am: We're out of the dentist and full of Caribou Coffee and Breugger's Bagels. We were hoping to take Hannah to the doctor to check her ears for infection again (since she's been smacking her hand against her ear just like when she had an infection a couple weeks ago). Unfortunately, we were running out of time, so we quickly ran a few errands and headed to the MOA to meet Ashley. (Update: no ear infection. We went to the doctor today and were told that Hannah's ears look "perfect". I guess the smacking is just a 1-year old thing???)

11:30am: Lunch with Ashley and Sully and then we went to Underwater World. I brought my camera because taking pictures of these silly boys are always so much fun. Unfortunately, the memory card from the camera was at home (isn't that just my luck??) so I used my phone to take a few random shots:


The new exhibit at Underwater World:


Two little boys looking at the moon jellies...





Here is Caleb touching a "spider crab". My 3-year old is much braver than I am!



5:00pm: The vet calls to let us know that some blood test results for Jack have come back. It turns out that Jack has a "hypo-thyroid". He has gained over 20 pounds for apparently no reason in the last year and his fur is falling out at a rapid rate. There are many other symptoms, but they will all be resolved when we start giving Jack medication twice a day. It's crazy but good to know that this is treatable!

6:00pm: I'm vacuuming to get ready for company to arrive in an hour. The house is clean and everything is put away. Caleb was in the sun room for few minutes when I decided to check on him. I noticed that the coffee table was all wet and he was rubbing a throw-pillow from the couch on the table. It turns out, he wanted to help me clean, so he climbed up and got the hand-sanitizer. He squirted it all over the coffee table and wiped it up with the pillow. My first reaction was to laugh---which is probably the reaction Caleb was hoping for. I kindly thanked him for his generosity and helpfulness.....then told Chris to take the kids upstairs very quickly before I went crazy. :p

7:00pm: Nine of my MOMS Club friends come over bearing wine and appetizers for a wine party. We voted on our favorite wines at the end of the night and I even had a prize for the winner. (I didn't win, but that's okay. As the hostess, I got all the left-overs... j/k) It was fun to relax with the girls for an evening and I'm grateful that my husband and kids were willing to hang out upstairs for an hour before bedtime so the moms could have an evening to ourselves!!

I'd like to say that our days are going to slow down a little bit but not soon enough. Caleb has only two more days of preschool until he's out for the summer and that makes us hope for more relaxing days in the future. Here's to hoping!! :)

No comments: