Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Fabulous Night

Tonight, Chris and I had a fabulous night! Bob and Sue came over to baby-sit the kiddos so Chris and I could go on a quick date. Our plan was to take Chris' motorcycle over to a bookstore (that's about 20 minutes away from our house) and have a book signed by our favorite author.

First, we set off on the motorcycle. This was a pretty big deal because I have never ridden on this motorcycle. I used to ride with Chris when he had his Harley over 5 years ago, but we sold that one when we got pregnant with Caleb. Chris was itching for another bike so he got one around the time I got pregnant with Hannah. I used the pregnancy as an excuse not to ride with him---even though I did go and get my own helmet and jacket. Then, last year, I use Hannah's young age as an excuse for me not to ride with Chris. Now, I am out of excuses so I cut the tags off of my jacket and hopped on.


(I'm the one in the pink, in case you can't tell!)

I was a little nervous as we pulled out of the driveway, but as it turns out, I loved it! Chris was happy that I finally rode with him and I was happy that my tush didn't hurt after the ride. (The seat on this new bike is WAY bigger and more comfy than the teeny-tiny seat on the old Harley!) :)

While the motorcycle ride was definitely exciting, I was also super pumped to have the new "Prey" novel signed by the author, John Sanford.


We got to the bookstore over an hour early, assuming that there would be a line of people already forming. To our surprise, the event was not just a book signing, but also a "question and answer session" with the author. At first, Chris and I were leery about being out too long, but Mr. Sanford is a very interesting fellow and it was really nice to hear him speak. (We also got an inside peek at what the NEXT "Prey" novel is all about. How cool!!) It was sooo worth it to stay and listen to the author and also get the book signed. He wrote "Chris and Katie: Something wicked for you! John Sanford" LOVE IT!!

I'd call this night a perfect date for Chris and I and we are so blessed that we got to take advantage of it! :)

No comments: