Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just Some Normal Days

As almost every other blogger I know has mentioned lately, there's just not a lot to blog about these days. I feel like we're so busy every day and then the kids go to bed and all I want to do is sleep!! It must be the season because it seems to me that everyone else is just as busy as I am---aren't you?!

Among our busy-ness, Chris and I have been able to slow-down long enough to notice our kids doing some funny things. For example, while Caleb was playing with his toys last night after dinner, I realized that he was singing "Miss me! Miss me! Now you gotta kiss me!" over and over. I asked him where he learned it and he gave me the classic answer: preschool. (Of course!) He would end the song by blowing a kiss, so I wonder if that's what they've been doing at school. (All the random and funny little things he picks up at preschool will never cease to amaze me, I think!)

Speaking of preschool, yesterday was Caleb's first day back in almost two weeks. He missed two days because of our Colorado trip and one more because of a runny nose. He was giddy with excitement when I dropped him off yesterday and just as excited to tell me about his day when I picked him up. He tried salsa and like it---which is absolutely wonderful because I've been wanting him to try it for over a year. (Peer pressure....it works like a charm!) I also accidentally walked into the classroom just as he was talking to his teacher about a "Mother's Day surprise", so I'm excited to see what that's all about!

Hannah almost knocked me over with surprise yesterday: I was getting ready to wash dishes by hand, so the sink was full of water and dish soap. She pointed up at the sink and said "Bubbah! (Bubbles)" Amazing!! Apparently, I have been underestimating her talking-skills. Time for Mommy to pay more attention!! :)

No comments: