Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quick Catch-up

Whoa...I feel like I've been in hibernation or something!! It feels like it's been so long since I've blogged and so long since I've seen any of my extended family, too. My days lately have been so busy---but mostly busy with the random tedious things that just need to get done at some point. Here's a quick recap of what I've been up to:

Memorial Day Weekend: Lots of relaxation! I cleaned and reorganized Chris and my walk-in bedroom closet which was PACKED with stuff. (It's so organized now that I just want to take a chair and sit in there to enjoy it!! Kidding...sort of.) Chris went to his office to work for most of the day on Sunday then let me sleep in on Monday morning (ahhh....bliss!). When I finally woke-up, we gathered the kids and a picnic lunch and went to the Minnesota Zoo for awhile. It was a busy place but not terribly crazy. Plus, the weather was PERFECT! It was about 75 degrees with a breeze. I slathered sunscreen on everyone in the family but forgot to put some on my back so I am in quite a bit of pain these days from the sunburn. (At least it was me who got burned and not one of the kids or my red-headed husband!) When we got home from the zoo, I took Hannah out of the car and found that she had a major blow-out diaper!! She hasn't had one of those since she was about 5 months old, so it was quite a surprise---and NOT a good one!! "It" was everywhere and was not fun to clean. Luckily, Chris was there to help me and we got everything--including Hannah--cleaned up in no time. Of course, she didn't quite understand why we carried her upstairs with a garbage bag around her legs and tushy, but she got over it when she realized that she would get a middle-of-the-day bath. (This is where Hannah would add her own "ahhh...bliss!")

Tuesday: Errands, errands and more errands. I even had to run errands that I only have to run a couple times a year, i.e. the tailor, the vet, etc. Hannah was a trooper and rode a long with me while Caleb was a preschool. I did learn something today which is why I bring up the day at all: DO NOT give 3-year olds RED frosting. Someone in Caleb's class brought chocolate cupcakes with red and blue frosting which, of course, stained Caleb's hands and face RED!! It literally took all day/night for it to wear off. It was quite embarrassing when I brought him in for a hair cut after preschool and I had to explain why he had red all over him. The stylist tried to make me feel better by saying, "Don't worry, we've seen worse!!" :)

We also went to see our friends', Chuck and Andi's, new house this night. Both kids had a blast running around the kitchen island and laughing hysterically. I think Chuck and Andi got a good dose of what life will be like with two energetic kids in their house in the future!! (And also, how LOUD two kids can really be!)

Wednesday (today): Caleb had his second appointment at the pediatric dentist to have a cavity filled. I'll have to write a separate post about this because it was great!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Chris and I both agreed that while we missed seeing family this past weekend, it was a great weekend after all. :)

1 comment:

andi said...

I feel so special to be included in your post! :) It was great to have you over! We'll have to do it again VERY soon!