Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chuckles

Hannah and Caleb have been keeping me on my toes as usual and they've been keep me laughing while I go about my day.

Some of Hannah's latest:

*She is testing her voice in all different ways these days. Her most favorite "test" (and my least favorite) is the blood-curling scream. I swear, if you couldn't see her smiling face as she screams you'd think there was something really bad happening. She tried it for the first time in the car last night and it knocked the socks off Chris and myself. Then, in her boredom at the grocery store today, she did it again. She must like the acoustics in the dairy aisle because I tried everything to get her to stop screaming and she kept right on doing it!! Luckily, I only got polite smiles from the strangers around us but I'll bet people on the other end of the store were wondering what the heck was going on!

*If you ask Hannah what she wants (what to drink, what to eat, what to wear, etc.), she actually pauses and says "Ummm...." like she's thinking of the answer. (I've been asking her pointless questions lately just to hear her say it because it's so cute!)

Caleb has been exercising his imagination these days and it's going full-speed! This afternoon, he said, "Bye, Mom! I'm moving!" He had packed up a bunch of toys in a toy-shopping cart and also in a bunch of baskets. I walked over, quite amused at what he had come up with and saw that he had stuck a fragile candle holder (that is part of our bathroom decor) in the corner of one of the baskets. Not only that, but he had his sippy cup wedged inside of the candle holder! When I pulled it out, Caleb instantly started to argue with me about it. "But, Mom! It's the cup holder on my boat!!" Apparently he was making a boat to take him to his "destination" and I thought it was pretty clever of him to create a cup holder. He is currently up in his bedroom with most of the toys he "packed". He said that he moved to a "different state" which is apparently his bedroom and he's waiting for me to come up there and "visit". I hope it's Hawaii because I've always want to go there!!

1 comment:

Erin Lewis said...

I am at work today and trying to leave early, but I just had to get my blog fix! I don't have enough time to comment on each entry, but I adore your kids and the wonderful things they do each day. It was good to see you and Chris - you both looked so nice. All our love, Kevin and Erin