On Monday, we woke up very early so the girls could take me to the airport. This was the first time I've ever flown by myself (without a friend or family member with me) so I was very nervous. Luckily, on both of my flights, I sat next to nice elderly ladies who liked to chat, so they kept my nerves down to a minimum! I had a 3 hour lay-over in Phoenix, so I definitely caught up on some reading, which was nice for me.
When I got off the plane, I called Chris to let him know that I made it. Chris gave no indication as to where he and the kids were at the moment so I was quite surprised to see them at the luggage carousel a few minutes later. What a nice surprise! They were definitely a sight for sore eyes and I was so happy that they surprised me, even though I had my car there to drive myself home. It was great trip but also hard to leave my family for 4 days. I never realize how much I'm going to miss them until they're far away, as I'm sure you feel the same about your family. Not to mention, I came home to a very clean house!! Chris did a great job of playing Mr. Mom while I was gone and the kids had a fabulous time with him.
Santa Barbara was so beautiful and I can't wait to go back---but with my family this time. Here are a few things I'm going to do next time I visit:
Take a Pirate Cruise to go whale watching....

Rent a "surry with a fringe on top" and pedal around town....

Take a tour of the sights in the "boat vehicle". It drives the tourists around, then drives right into the ocean....

Stay at the luxurious Double Tree Hotel right across the street from the gorgeous beach...

Take a ride in a huge yacht like this one...

So much to do and so little time! I hope you get a chance to check out this part of the world sometime because it's definitely worth the trip!
1 comment:
What a great trip! We may have both been in SoCal at the same time! I was just there late last week for work. I was traveling with a coworker and had only one car and very little time so I unfortunately did not get to see Liz or Christina this time. :( Glad to see you had such a nice trip . . . I hope I get a girls weekend sometime too!
Post a Comment