Monday, July 27, 2009

Ahhhh.....

After a hectic past couple of days, I am finally feeling free and relaxed. It's 1pm on a Monday, and I can't tell you how refreshing it is to be blogging....and drinking my second cup of coffee for the day. Ahhhh...

Why have my past couple days been hectic, you ask? Saturday morning, I hosted my second card-making event of the week. I really only host them every three months or so, but I gave my "customers" two dates to choose from this time and I'm glad I did. Both days were more relaxing and I was able to chat with all of my favorite ladies more. Chris went to work on the boat on Saturday afternoon while I straightened our house with the kids. On Saturday night, I got all dolled-up and went dancing with some girl friends from my MOMS Club. This is the second time I've gone dancing with them so I knew it was going to be fun----and a late night! These girls love to stay out until the bars close (2am here in the Twin Cities) so I don't get home until 3am. I might be getting too old for this (even though I'm the youngest in the group). I was super tired the next day and didn't have any chances to sleep-in. Oh, well....my own fault, I know. However, my crabby mood was only worsened by spilled EVERYTHING at my house. (This story I will tell in the next post because it really deserves a post of it's own.) We were hoping to take the kids to Minneapolis on Sunday afternoon to go on a horse-and-carriage ride, but due to dirty circumstances, we changed our mind and decided to stay home instead.

Today, I was excited to get back to my normal, every day life, with no big events getting in the way. The kids and I went to a few stores in search of decorations for my Mothers of Preschoolers group this fall. I'm the "hospitality coordinator", which requires me to decorate the room and tables. This also requires me to use all of my creative energy, which I'm not so good at most days. Oh, well! I'll get through it! We also hit a few kids' clothing stores. I have to admit one of my weaknesses here. (Yes, I know....I have A LOT of weaknesses, but you don't have to rub it in!) I love shopping for "school clothes". So, with the sales we encountered, even Hannah who is not going to school this fall got some school clothes of her own. I love it! Caleb is also the proud new owner of a shorter hair-do, a.k.a he got a haircut. Hannah was the big hit at the salon, however, since she had all the moms and hair-stylists in stitches. She would walk around to each hair station and say "OH NO!!!!" with such emotion when she'd see the cut hair on the floor. I tried explaining that it wasn't a big deal, but how do you effectively get that point across to a 19-month old?

Hmmm.....time to kick my feet up. :)

No comments: