Friday, July 24, 2009

Wonderful Husband!!

If you've talked to me in the past couple of days, you've probably heard me gush about my wonderful husband. He's always wonderful---that's why I married him!---but he's been scoring major points in the past couple of days. It all started on Wednesday, when I woke up feeling miserable. My "little cold" had taken a turn for the worst since I had been running myself ragged and not sleeping as much as I should. Chris could see just how awful I was feeling, so he decided to work from home that day so he could lend a hand with the kids. The first thing he said to me was "Is there anything on your 'Honey-Do' list that I can knock off today?" meaning projects around the house that I want him to do. I seriously thought my cold medicine was playing with my head! Not only was he a huge help with the kids and let me take a big ol' nap, he also did some handy stuff around the house that we've been meaning to do. Wow!

I pretty much thought that it couldn't get better than that. On Thursday morning, I woke up feeling fantastic (because of all the extra sleep, no doubt), and Chris was all set to go to work. As he was about to walk out the door, Caleb said "Daddy, can I come to work with you today?" I was all ready with the "Not today, Buddy" answer that I've typically given him in the past, but Chris beat me to it. Only, his answer was different than mine. He said "Sure! Go get dressed and we'll go." WHAT?! Talk about a lucky boy! (And a lucky Mommy to only have one child to deal with that day.) Chris took Caleb to work with him---and actually got work done, mind you---and then they left the office early to go see a movie at a nearby theater. Again, I have to say: WOW! Caleb was so happy to have the extra "Daddy time"---those boys have been joined at the hip this week!

Hannah and I almost didn't know what to do with ourselves with Caleb gone. Our first thought was to go to the gym but then a friend called and asked if we wanted to go have lunch, so we decided that a "girls day" should involved lunch out and a little shopping, too! Hannah was a peach the whole time, although, it took her awhile to get used to Caleb's car seat missing from the truck. The whole way to the restaurant, she kept pointing to the empty seat he normally sits in and saying "Gaga (Caleb), now-now (I want), Daddy, guck (work)." (Can you tell she has a language all her own?)

Anyways, it was a fun day had by all and I am so grateful for the time Chris gave me to re-coup and relax while I was sick. What a guy!!

No comments: