It is 6:03pm and I'm happy to say that the garage sale is OVER!!! We cheated and closed two hours early since we were not busy at all. (Seriously, isn't 6pm late to keep a garage sale open on a Saturday? Tell that to my neighborhood coordinator!!) For the record, I noticed that two other sales near us closed even earlier than we did, so, there. :)
Anyways, we packed up the tables to be returned to their proper homes (which we'll do tomorrow) and boxed-up the left-over stuff to be donated to the Disabled American Veterans. As far as money for the food shelf goes, we were VERY HAPPY with our results: we raised over $650 for the Friends in Need food shelf. My mom and I almost fell over when we finished counting the profits and we were both SO GLAD that we did the sale the way we did.
Thanks to all who contributed and everyone who helped us. It was a major success!!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great job!
That is great that you all did that - I really should do the same. Twice a year our neighborhood has a "neighborhood garage sale". It is posted in the local paper and seems to bring more people into the neighborhood than doing it yourself. The problem is they always do it on my drill weekends so I have an attic full of stuff to sell! I should donate to a local charity too!
Post a Comment