Thursday, July 9, 2009
Big Shoes To Fill...
Hannah has an obsession lately: wearing other people's shoes. She likes to walk around in my tennis shoes or wear a pair of Caleb's shoes when she rides in the car. It's an every-day thing in our house lately. So, knowing this, I wasn't surprised when she took an interest in the cable man's HUGE boots that he left at the front door. He came over to "speed up" our Internet yesterday and took his shoes off on the front rug before heading down to the basement to do this work. These boots were about up to Hannah's waist (they were big, old, and clunky) but she started lifting her leg up as if she was going to step right into them. About this time, I walked over with the intention of taking the boots away so she couldn't mess with them. I realized as I got close that she had a mouth full of Teddy Graham crackers and as I got close to her, she coughed, forcing all of the mushed-up crackers to fall out of her mouth and RIGHT INTO THE CABLE MAN'S BOOT. Now, what the heck was I supposed to do?! Graham cracker drool was on the inside-side of the boot, not to mention the big pile of mushy, drooly crackers inside of it. I ended up taking his boot, and used about 6 wet wipes to clean it all up. I was frantic, thinking that any second he and Chris would come upstairs before I had everything cleaned up. As it turned out, I got it all taken care of and had the boots clean and ready by the door again. No, I didn't NOT tell the guy and hopefully he didn't notice that his sock was a little damp when he put his foot in his boot. Whew!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
HAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA! :) This post literally made me laugh out loud!!!
I would have frantically done what you did too.
That is hysterical, Katie. I love your stories.
I love your stories about the kids and your life! It really brings a smile to my face - and even a laugh!
Post a Comment