Friday, July 3, 2009

More Bedtime Antics

Last night, it was my turn to put Caleb to bed. After he said his bedtime prayer ("Now I lay me down to sleep..."), he asked "What else should I pray about?" I explained that he could pray for whatever he wanted. For example, he could pray for the health of his family or perhaps thank God for giving him a great little sister. I further explained that when we pray, we can say whatever we want because it's our time to talk to God. Caleb's eyes lit up and he said, "Oh, good! I'm going to pray about lemonade!!" :)

A little while later, when Caleb *should* have been fast asleep in his bed, we heard a thundering sound, like something was falling down the stairs. Sure enough, I had left the gate unlocked at the top of the stairs and Caleb decided to come out of his bed and play on the stairs. He ended up falling down half the flight of the stairs and was now crying at the bottom. Chris and I rushed over to console him. When I asked Caleb how he managed to fall down the stairs, he started the story off by saying, "Well, I was trying to do a somersault on the stairs...." What a lesson for a child to learn and now we have a new rule in our house: No somersaults on the stairs.

1 comment:

Erin Lewis said...

I told Kevin about this one and we put it in our memory bank for later! Love the pictures of the kids on the 4th - especially the "play-by-play" shots of "look the fireworks are starting!" Those were way too cute!