On a recent trip to Babies R Us, I had to get some Diaper Genie refills and a few other things, so I happened to be in the "potty aisle". I decided right then and there that it was probably time to get a potty chair for Hannah to try out. We got Caleb a Fisher Price one when he was 15-months old so he could get used to sitting on it and it being around. (He didn't actually go potty in it until much later.) The one he had sang songs about going potty and flushing the toilet. The thing ended up getting on our (my and Chris') nerves so we would normally keep it off. As Caleb got older, he learned how to turn it on himself, so on any given day, you'd hear a perky "I can go potty, all on my own! I can flush the toilet, and it's really fun!" coming from the upstairs bathroom. (Just thinking about those songs and the voice that sang them makes me cringe...) Anyways, that potty chair is long gone---thrown in the trash months ago when I found out that my 3-year old was secretly still using it every now and then. (Gross, I know!)
So, back to the story at hand, we were at the store and I said "I think we should get a potty chair for Hannah." Instantly, Caleb said "Get the Elmo one that plays music!" No. "Get the one with all the colors that sings a song!!" No. I ended up picking up another Fisher Price chair that is shaped like a frog. It plays no music. It has no on/off switch. It does nothing but allows children to sit on it and do their business. Caleb was disappointed but as I explained to him, this potty seat was NOT for him, therefore, his opinion was moot. The long and the short of it is that Hannah is proud new owner of this:

Good thing it hasn't been "used" yet....

2 comments:
Those two make me laugh! :)
HAHA! I think a lesson needs to be taught to them with water or something. You don't want Hannah sticking her head in it for real!
Post a Comment