Thursday, September 17, 2009

Crazy-Busy

Alright, alright, I'm back! As someone very graciously emailed to me yesterday, "Katie, you're slacking on your blog." (You know who you are!!) Well, I will take that as a compliment, thank you very much! :) The truth is that my week has been INSANE! Not in the usual way, either. Everything has been rescheduled or things keep popping up.

Some highlights of the week:

*We got a new laptop but I don't know how to work it yet. (It's a Mac.)

*Hannah started her "preschool" class. I use quotation marks because it's not really preschool, but a kids-day-out program. She is just going on Fridays and it's in conjunction with Caleb's actual preschool, so we already knew all of the teachers (which makes it easier).


I tried to get a cute "going to school" picture of her, but since she's not cooperating with pictures these days, this is the best I could get of her. (It's an action-shot!)

*I actually had about 5 hours to myself on Friday while both kids were at "school". I literally did not know what to do with my time until Chris said "What are you going to do? Get your nails done or something?" Yes, I thought. That's exactly what I'm going to do! So, I did get to indulge myself a bit which was pure bliss. :)

*My hubby came home early on Tuesday because I was in pain and the kids were mad. Check out the "low-lights" to hear why.

*I really worked all of my crafty-skills on Wednesday as I made 90 of these party favors for my MOPS group.


(Not sure if this is a good or bad thing that occurred since it was fun to use my craft supplies but completely exhausting by the time I finished.)

*First MOPS meeting of the year on Thursday morning. I was super nervous that I would mess something up with the decorations, games or anything else, but all went smoothly and the kids were big helpers as I was setting up and tearing down the decor of our meeting room.

*I visited with my youngest brother and my grandpa twice this week, which was fabulous. They even came over to our house on Thursday evening and I had one of the best talks ever with my grandpa. It was fabulous!

Low-Lights:

*On Monday, I tried to jog but hurt my knee in the process. I'm fine now, but for two or three days, I was in some MAJOR pain!

*Tuesday, I had to cancel a planned trip to the apple orchard with a good friend of mine (cancellation due to the pain in my knee). Caleb SCREAMED as I drove home after deciding not to go to the apple orchard (yes, we were in the car on the way there when I decided to turn around) and Hannah was screaming just because her brother was. Hence, Chris took the kiddos to the park for a while to make it "fair".

*Went to Joann Fabric on Monday (a local craft and fabric store) only to be a huge klutz (is that really how you spell "klutz"???) and break a vase I was looking at. Imagine holding a vase, turning it over to see the price on the bottom, losing grip and the vase shattering all over the floor in the store. Yep, that's what happened to me. This was only made worse by me having to purchase an exact vase (or, let's just say, I was too chicken to admit that I wasn't really going to purchase the broken one before it broke) and having a cashier be extremely rude to me and another customer when the previous customer offered to give me a coupon that she wasn't going to use. I was practically in tears when I left the store. How rude!


Okay, I really thought this was a crappy week but now that I've laid it all out, I can see that there were way more high-points than the negative stuff that happened. Don't worry, dear readers, I shall be more attentive with my blog-posting now that my insane week is over. Not to say that the rest of my weeks won't be busy, but at least I'll have time kick my feet up a bit from here on out. (Mostly.)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

. . and when you take that vase back to a DIFFERENT JoAnn's . . to get your money back. . . you can add that as a "highlight" too! :)

CabinGarden said...

I want to know exactly what happened and why that employee was so rude! Shame on that store! THAT is NOT good customer service!!!!