A few days ago, I posted that we were pretty much better--health-wise. I spoke too soon! Hannah started coughing at night again and having a major runny nose during the day, while Chris ended up coming down with "the cold that everyone has had". He came home from work on Wednesday saying that he was feeling ill, then spiked a fever. By midnight, his fever had broken and when he woke up in the morning, he felt "100%" (in his words). (He's always been a quick healer in that regard.) I still made him stay home from work, taking the same precaution with him that we've been taking with the kids. I still felt fine, minus a husky voice. I sounded so awful on the phone that a dear friend of mine made a big batch of chicken noodle soup for us and brought that over, which was fabulous. Otherwise, we've been pretty closed off from the rest of the world all week. Yesterday, since Caleb and I were feeling great, we stepped out into the light of day and ran a few errands. I also met some girl friends for dinner last night since I really needed an evening out of the house. Now it's Friday, and while I would normally be excited to spend a few hours by myself while the kids are at preschool, I decided to finish the week as it started and keep them home, even though today seems like the most healthy day we've had. (My goal is to put them to work cleaning up their playroom, while I sanitize the house. We'll see if that really happens or not!)
Since we've been home there must have been some funny things that happened, right? Well, yes, but mostly insignificant things. Caleb was climbing on the back of our couch the other day and I told him to "get down before you fall and get a concussion." Of course, Caleb wanted me to explain what a concussion was. For the rest of the day, if he would bonk his head, he would say "Mom, I got a concussion!" Good thing no one else was around because they might be alarmed that I wasn't taking Caleb more seriously. :)
It seems like Hannah's vocabulary has expanded just this week while we've been home. One morning, she decided to walk around and say the name of everything she saw. It sounded something like this: "Cup! Bowl! Spoon! Table! Chair! Couch! Jack! Blanket!" She went on and on. Then a few minutes later, she walked around and said "hello" to everything. "Hello, Cup! Hello, Bowl!" etc. It was so funny because it was so random! The next day, she blew me out of the water by doing the same thing, only saying "hello" in Chinese. "Ni-hao, Cup! Ni-hao, Bowl!" Seriously....these kids take the littlest thing and make it entertaining. So, needless to say, our time at home as been anything but boring!
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How does Hannah know "hello" in Chinese? What show taught her that? Or have you been going to Chinese language classes at night? :)
Post a Comment