Monday, October 12, 2009

Where Did Fall Go??

Today is October 12th. This is what our yard looked like when we woke up this morning:


Snow everywhere! It's 1:30pm and it hasn't stopped snowing all day, either. The snow is wet and chunky, but I have to say, I don't mind it. Although, I love fall (and was looking forward to taking our fall family pictures next week---I guess it will be a winter scene instead), the snow is not so bad. It's just above freezing temperatures, so it's not too cold. Plus, the snow makes everything white and quiet, which I love. Of course, this past weekend, we had to run out and get new winter coats for the kids since they didn't have any that fit. These are the coats they ended up with:


(Poor Hannah's nose is rubbed-raw from me wiping it so much.)

I say "ended up with" because the selection wasn't very big for which coats we could choose from. It seems like everyone and their grandma was shopping for coats yesterday, in anticipation of today's snowfall. I also had to run to Target this morning to get boots for Caleb to wear to preschool (since they play outside, even when it's snowing). Once again, the selection was VERY limited, so he ended up with a pair of navy boots that don't even come close to matching his snow-pants. Oh, well! At least he'll be warm and dry, right?

If it's snowing where you are, I hope you're warm! If it's not then I'll say "Lucky You!" :)
(More interesting posts to come. We're healthy and back on schedule this week.)

1 comment:

Erin Lewis said...

It is finally just getting to fall here! Recently it has been in the 70's and even a bit in the 80's. I am ready for colder weather. This week we have 60's - yeah!!! I love the pic of the kids and the snow, I wish Robbie could go play in the snow too!