Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More Random Caleb-isms

* Yesterday, I was cuddling with both kids and we were all being goofy. I said, "Oh, look at this cute little girl!! And this cute big boy, over here!" Very seriously, Caleb said, "Mom, I'm HANDSOME." :)

* When I pick up Caleb from preschool, the routine goes something like this: the teacher opens the door to the classroom and I file in with the rest of the parents to sign Caleb out. Hannah runs through the group of parents to where the preschoolers are sitting on the floor waiting and makes her presence known by hollering Caleb's name at the top of her lungs. (It's very entertaining for the class.) Anyway, yesterday, as I was waiting to get Caleb's stuff and sign him out, Hannah ran over to the group of kids, as usual, but this time, couldn't find Caleb right away. The teacher jokingly asked her "Who are you looking for?" and all the kids starting pointing to Caleb, saying, "Caleb is right here! Caleb is right here!" Hannah finally saw Caleb sitting on the other side of the group, and when she did, she got a huge smile on her face, shouted, "Caleb!!" and ran over to him. They both gave each other the BIGGEST hugs I've seen them randomly give each other and it was so adorable! Caleb even said, "I love you, Hannah" while he was hugging her. All of the parents and the teachers looked over at me, and one of the parents even said, "Wow, how do I make my kids act like that?" I couldn't even tell her that the hug and the cuteness was NOT my doing---I was as surprised as they were! (Way to make me look like "Mom of the Year", kiddos! Thanks!! Haha!) These are the cute times I have to remember when I hear "MINE!!!" from Hannah and "Hannah is wrecking my stuff!" from Caleb (which I hear on the daily basis, by the way)....

No comments: