Monday, February 15, 2010

Ankle-biter

I've realized two things today. The first is that dogs can really show how much they love you in a special way. While letting Zippy and Jack outside at the same time this morning, Jack promptly walked right up to me, lifted his leg and PEED ON ME! Thanks, Jack. I love you, too.

The second thing that I've realized is that I need to get a cat bell for Zippy's collar. I've literally "lost" him twice today (in the house). He's just so little and quiet! He slips under couches and since we have a plethora of couches in our house these days, it's hard to find him!! Zippy is also a little ankle-biter....literally. He's super cuddly and loves to be held (he even took a half-hour nap with me this afternoon!), but when he's ready to play, look out! He'll come right up and nibble on your toes and your pant-leg...


It was hard to get stuff done around the house today with a little puff-ball either sitting on my feet or trying to bite my feet. I told Caleb to "roll around on the floor" with Zippy when my toes had had enough, so Caleb quite literally laid down on the floor and started rolling around. Good thing he didn't roll right over Zippy, or we'd be in trouble!!

On a high note, Zip has gone "potty" outside 5 times so far today and seems to realize why I keep bringing him out to the cold tundra that is our backyard. It's nice to see progress on that especially since I kind of screwed up with the whole plan of taking him outside in the middle of the night. Zippy yipped and yapped for hours when we put him to bed in his gated area (as puppies do), but stopped yelping before I went downstairs to let him out. When my alarm went off in the middle of the night, it was so quiet downstairs (where the dogs were) that I didn't want to disturb them, so I didn't let him out. (I didn't even go downstairs for a drink of water for fear of waking up the "newborn"!) When we woke up in the morning, I saw that Zip did have a few accidents on the cardboard in his area, so I'll be more diligent about letting him out tonight (and nudging Chris to let him out when it's his turn!! j/k).

4 comments:

Erin Lewis said...

I just got caught up on all of your latest blogs! First, I LOVE the puppy - it makes me want one but with a baby coming I guess we better not! Second, I love the idea of the pink rice krispies - I might have to make a late Valentine's surprise for Kevin and Robbie. Kevin spent the entire day (from before we even got out of bed that morning until well after we went to sleep that night) studying for his boards so shamefully we didn't do anything to celebrate :(

Aunt Deb said...

We got Patches when Kara was almost 2 and she loved chasing Kara's little feet. Needless to say, Kara's socks all had little teeth holes in them. Puppies are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. I'd love a puppppyyyyy!!!
I think I read too fast and didn't catch what kind of puppy you got.

Our dog is almost 9 years old. She's a sweetie-- but our next dog should be a small one.

www.theladywolf.blogspot.com

Katie/The Family Chef said...

Amanda---he's a "maltipoo", which is a Maltese mixed with a poodle. They manager at the pet store said that he will get up to about 10 pounds, but the vet said that we never really know with this breed. It'll be a surprise! :)