It's been another slow blogging week, as I'm sure you've noticed. Not much going on that I thought would interest you. Our family has been very busy this week, but mostly with the "same old stuff".
What's the low-down on the new pup, you might wonder? Well, we had no idea how intelligent these little mixed-breed puppies could be. When we researched more about Maltipoos online, every website stressed that these dogs are "highly intelligent". We thought, "Yea, okay. We've got a golden retriever who thinks he's a human. We know highly intelligent!!" (j/k) Anyway, as the week has progressed, Zippy has practically potty trained himself. He absolutely knows that the outdoors are for going potty and we're able to catch him before he goes on the carpet almost every time he's sniffing around. He even surprised me by only having two pee-pee spots on his puppy pad this morning, despite me not letting him out AT ALL over night. (I really must be the laziest person in the world. No lie.) He's also too young for puppy classes (he'll be old enough in a week) but I've started to "clicker train" him at home. So far, he's getting the hang of eating treats every time he hears the clicker "click", and he caught on to the "sit" command almost right away. He's sat four times with me just holding up a treat and saying "sit". Yay! Won't it be nice when we can say one command and both dogs will do the same thing?
The kids had their last swimming lesson of the session on Thursday. We were happily surprised when Grandma Sue and Grandpa Bob showed up in the pool area to watch the kids swim. It turned out to be the coolest swimming lesson EVER, too. They put life jackets on all of the kids (even Hannah) and let the kids ride on a big boat made for pool use. It was so cool! (I was almost jealous that I wasn't allowed to play on the boat, too!) For Caleb's age group, they had the kids jump off the boat into the water (with their life jackets on) and then swim to the side of the pool. Caleb is awesome about jumping into the water and getting his face under the water lately, so that was no problem for him. It was really fun to watch!! (Pictures to be posted soon hopefully.)
Today is a lazy day for the kids and I. Chris is doing a lot of manual labor today, including moving furniture with my brother at my mom's house. They are coming over here in a bit to pick up our old living room furniture that has been crowded in our sun room for the last two weeks. There are currently 4 couches in there, plus a coffee table, so the room is pretty much packed! I look forward to that empty feeling in a couple of hours when the old couches are gone.
See? Not too much going on that's worth blogging about!! :) Happy weekend to you all!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment