Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dreary Day

It's March 10th and it's RAINING today. The worst part of the rain is how wet the dogs get after being outside. The best part?? The rain is not snow! I am one of those people who LOVES winter. I long to wear sweaters in July. I plan Christmas a week after the last Christmas is over. However, this year, I have the worst case of spring fever EVER. I've decided that it's because my kids are getting older and we're all stir-crazy. That, and Target already has their summer stuff on display. Shorts and T-shirt are one thing, but why do they have to taunt us with the pools and sand toys??? I linger in that aisle every time I'm at Target now...

Speaking of my children, I feel like they are growing up too fast---and this is just in the past week. Chris and I have a saying for those times when our kids all of a sudden have a burst of new words or development: Quantum Time. I think both kids are going through one at the same time and it's kind of freaking me out, not to mention making me want another baby in this house. Hannah is SO not a baby anymore and she'll tell you right off the bat. Caleb just got into the whole, "I'm not just four, I'm four-and-a-half" thing, which is kind of funny. I feel like they are little adults that I have conversations with all day. Those with babies, cherish the time when your babies are tiny. Those with older kids, I'm starting to feel how you do!! :)

Just a quick cute story from this morning: I walked out of the bathroom this morning and Hannah was standing right there waiting for me. "Mommy go potty??" she asked. "Yes," I said. Hannah got a big smile on her face and in an excited voice said, "All by yourself? Wow!!!" (Can you tell we're potty-training over here???) :)

No comments: