Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hannah's Bed Part 2

After three nights of Hannah falling out of bed and STAYING AWAKE FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT (big sigh from me), we finally decided to make a trip to Babies R Us and get a bed rail for her crib/daybed/toddler bed. The one we found is nice--made out of wood and matched the stain of her crib nicely. There has been no more falling out of bed since that has been installed, which is the high point of the past couple days.

The low point would be that Hannah has realized that she can get out of bed whenever she wants to, and has also decided that she needs a night light in her room. I'm afraid nap time will soon be extinct in our house. I say this after scolding Hannah three times for getting out of bed at nap time and also scolding her for taking all of her hair bows/binders and wet wipes from the drawers in her room. (*sigh* again) So, as you can imagine, she did not take a nap yesterday. That was a great reason to put her to bed early last night, which turned out to be great (she was so tired that she fell asleep right away). However, she was the first one up this morning and was sure to turn on all the lights in the hallway and foyer before coming into our room and announcing, "Mommy! Daddy! I wake up!!"

I remember very well how frustrated I was when Caleb decided to stop taking naps. He was close to the same age that Hannah is now, so I suppose this change should have been expected. I have less of a "it's the end of the world" feeling with Hannah's situation than I did when Caleb was going through it, but I can't say that I'm peachy-keen on the idea of her not napping at all. I suppose I'll try my darnedest for a few more days. Once again, wish me luck!!

No comments: