Saturday, April 17, 2010

Too Many Headaches...

Once again, I've lapsed on my posting. This is mostly due to me not feeling well these days. Don't get any ideas people: I've been having horrible headaches for about a week. I cut down my caffeine intake about 10 days ago (because I thought I was drinking too much of it!) and had bad "withdrawal headaches" for about three days. Then, they went away. Now they're back! I seem to get one every time I'm just a little bit tired which is not fun, to say the least. So now you know the truth...when I sit down to type, I mostly just want to sleep, and therefore, don't end up posting a darn thing. :)

We've been pretty busy these days. Last weekend, we took the kids to the circus, which was located at the State Fairgrounds again this year. They loaded up on cotton candy, ice cream, swirly balloons and of course, the light-up toys. Not such a problem this year because the light-up toys at the circus are easily half the price of the same ones at any other kids' show. However, I didn't realize that Hannah's "made in China" light-up butterfly wand had a new feature this year: Chinese techno music! It's VERY aggravating to my brain when she flips the switch and I've threatened to throw the thing away a few times this week. Lucky for me, Hannah now knows NOT to turn on the music part and to only play with the light feature. Whew! Next year, I'll be a little more observant before purchase said items at the circus....

Caleb also had a big event: he got his first (and only??) Power Wheels jeep! (I'll post pictures when I can.) We got a Power Wheels four-wheeler a couple years ago, but the kids never really spent much time on it. Caleb spent quite a few evening last summer watching our neighbor kids ride around our cul-de-sac in their jeeps, and since they are older than Caleb is, we told him that he could get one when he turned four. Well...he's four and we still didn't get on last fall. Finally, when the weather turned nice this spring, we thought it was time to invest in one. He's been having the time of his life driving around on this thing and he looks like such a little man when he's cruising around the yard and cul-de-sac. It's really fun to watch him!

Last night, we got to hang out with Matt (Chris' brother) and his wife, Sarah. We had tickets to the Twins game and happened to have childcare (thanks to my in-laws!) so the four of us decided to hit the town for a little bit. We got a taste of how BUSY the restaurants around Target Field are before a game and finally found a place that didn't make us wait forever for a table. Then, we headed over to the game, only to realize that we were FREEZING! The lady sitting next to us got up from her seat at one point and came back with a big ol' Twins blanket that she bought in the pro shop. So, what did I do? I went and bought one, too, and then a lady sitting on the other side of us went and got one. Let me tell you, it was SO worth it!! We were cozy for the rest of the game and it was a good game, too: we won 10-2 over Kansas City. :)

No comments: