Hannah is talking more than ever these days. It's hilarious to listen to her, for the most part, but she's learning the art of excuses from watching her brother. Lately, if she wants something and I say "no", she says, "But, but, but..." and tries to plead her case. This is even the case at bedtime when it's hard for her to wind-down. The other night, she really had Chris and I laughing (although, we'd never let HER see that, now would we?).
Chris put Hannah in bed while I was at a meeting, and by the time I got home, she had already gotten out of bed twice with excuses. Hannah's standard routine is to stand at the top of the stairs and say, "Hey, guys! I have to tell you something!" and when we tell her to go back to her bed, she says, "But, but, but...I need you to put my covers on me!!" inevitably getting us upstairs to put her covers on her and tuck her in for the millionth time. Anyway, on this night, she had pulled this stunt twice with Chris, and got out of bed a third time when she heard me come home. ("Mommy! I need a kiss!") Finally, we thought she was in bed for the night so Chris and I settled down to watch a show on TV. We no more than started the show when we heard, "Guys! I need to tell you something!" from the top of the stairs. We both said in stern voices, "Hannah, you get right back into bed now." That's when Hannah surprised us by saying, "Okay, you've got two choices...." and proceeded to give Chris and I an ultimatum!! We couldn't stop the giggles upon hearing this and then Chris was able to control himself, so he went to the bottom of the stairs so he could look at Hannah. "Hannah," he said, "You get right into your room, turn your light off and get right into bed NOW." Hannah reached up to turn off her light and said to Chris, "Okay, but don't freak out!" So, here was Chris, standing at the bottom of the stairs saying to a two-year old, "I won't freak out." It was so hard to be frustrated with Hannah that evening because she was just so darn cute!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment