Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Still a Little Tired...

I figured it's been too long since I've posted again and I'm sure you all think I've decided to become a hermit and not update anyone on how we're doing. You're close on the hermit part---I've been wanting to spend most of my time at home because I'm still so tired. However, our busy schedule doesn't really allow for that. Last weekend, we went to Chris' cousin's wedding north of St. Cloud, which turned out to be an adventure. The morning was crazy---and I have to admit, it was partly due to my crazy emotions lately---and we ended up getting to the ceremony late. Entering a quiet church with two noisy children isn't my idea of a good time, so we waited around for the service to finish and then met everyone at the reception. This was the first wedding where both kids could actually run around and have a good time with their cousins and second cousins, so you can imagine how disappointed Caleb was when we told him that we had to leave before the dancing began. Thank goodness we left when we did because we hit MAJOR construction traffic on the way home and ended up getting home over an hour later than we had planned. The kids were asleep by that point (and they spent the night in their wedding clothes, too) but poor Jack had spent WAY too long in his kennel. Luckily, we came home to no accidents, and since we brought Zippy with us in the car, there was nothing yucky to clean up---what a relief!!

On Sunday, my mom and I hosted a baby shower for my brother's wife, Stefanie. The kids and Chris still had time before the shower to make me breakfast in bed and both kids made picture frames for me at their respective preschools. (Our fridge is very fancy now while they are on display!) At the shower, it was so fun to see aunts and other people that I don't get to see very often and it made Mother's Day even more special since I got to spend it with so many special mothers and mothers-to-be.

On Monday, Zippy got the ol' "snip snip"---aka, he is now a neutered puppy. It seems early, considering that he's only 5 months old tomorrow, however, I guess you can neuter small dogs earlier than big dogs. Anyhoo, Hannah and I were home with Jack almost all day while Zippy was a the vet, Caleb was at preschool and Chris was at work. I just couldn't figure out why Jack was moping around the house for hours and hours, and then I realized that even in that short time, he missed his little buddy! Needless to say, they were happy to reunite later in the day when Zippy came home, but we couldn't let them play because of Zippy's stitches. Jack ended up laying next to Zippy's kennel for most of the time, probably making sure that he was right there if we gave him the opportunity to play. It's amazing how attached these dogs are to each other after living together for just a couple months. I guess they're friends for life already!! :)

I also hope that Monday was a "turning point" for me. While I'm not quite through the first trimester of my pregnancy yet, I'm hoping the exhaustion is getting a little bit better. As I said before, I'm still very tired, however, on Monday, I was able to get more done around the house than I've done in WEEKS. I even filled two HUGE lawn bags with clothes that I want to donate (from my own wardrobe) and that was such a relief. Yesterday, (Tuesday), I didn't even get a chance to take a nap but felt okay despite that. Today, I found some random motivation and let Hannah wear underwear for the first time. I'll let you know how that goes---I'm assuming we'll have a few accidents to clean up---but I'm hopeful that this is a good thing for both Hannah and her worn-out mommy!! (Wish us luck!!)

No comments: