Friday, June 25, 2010

A Big Event

Tonight, we are celebrating a big event in our house: the new movie "Toy Story 3". To say that my children love "Toy Story" would be an understatement. In the past couple of weeks, they have watched the second movie several times (I TiVoed it recently) and can practically recite that movie line by line. I've heard excellent things about this next movie, so we are psyched to go! Chris wanted to see it in 3D, but with it being Friday night, I knew that it would be too busy at that particular theater. Of course, that's not to say that we aren't making this regular movie a big deal. I went to Toys R Us the other day (without the kids because I'm not THAT crazy) and picked out a Jessie doll (the cowgirl) for Hannah and a Buzz Lightyear doll (that karate chops with his arm--super cool to a 4-yr old boy) for Caleb. I presented the dolls to the kids this afternoon and they promptly ripped them out of the packages to play with them. So, if you saw my Facebook post earlier today that "Today is Toy Story Friday for my family", it REALLY is!! :)

On a random side note, Hannah and I were running a few errands today, which included a stop to a fun kids' boutique to buy a pair of scissors for her that will only cut paper but not hair or fingers. (She's obsessed with wanting to use Caleb's scissors for cutting paper, but they are much too sharp for a two-year old. These new scissors have no metal on them.) While Hannah was preoccupied with some games there, I found some super neat...wait for it....wait for it....STOCKING STUFFERS!!! Yes, as of today, I have officially started my Christmas shopping. Can't you just wait for the snow and the Christmas trees and all the Christmas cheer?? What? You think I'm crazy? Well...suit yourself. :)

3 comments:

Erin Lewis said...

Don't worry Katie, I have already been thinking about Christmas too!!! I can't wait to celebrate either!

Carrie said...

BLECH PHHBBBT.

Katie/The Family Chef said...

Don't you know that I think it's hilarious when you protest my public excitement for Christmas, Carrie?? Just wait---in two months, I'll bet the "Christmas Bug" gets to you, too! ;)