As of today, all the walls in our basement have officially been framed! All the credit goes to Chris, our brothers and Chris' dad who have all come over at various times to lend a hand. I have to say, for someone who could not envision what the basement would look like with walls, I think it looks pretty darn good! Chris is putting closet doors in the craft room/guest room as I type this and I think it all looks fabulous!!
While it's been a lot of hard work for the guys so far, they haven't gotten away with no injuries. Chris smashed his thumb last week, then hurt his opposite thumb yesterday. (He'll be fine, but I'm investing in extra band-aids until this project is over!) Caleb loves to be down there with Chris when the guys are hard at work, and today I heard sobs coming from the basement. Turns out, Caleb was climbing on a board that ended up falling over and Caleb landed hard on the concrete with one of his feet. We nursed it a bit, making sure it didn't require a trip to the E.R. but it's just fine. To get a little sympathy from his sister a little bit later, Caleb moved around from room to room hopping on his "good" leg. Then he said, "Hey, Mom. Since I can't walk, does this mean I get breakfast in bed??" He REALLY knows how to milk it! :)
Monday, July 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment