Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Getting Antsy

I can't believe how time is flying by. It's already the END OF SEPTEMBER! Can you believe it?! Friday is officially October. Time to finally purchase those much-talked-about Halloween costumes. I've already started stocking up on Halloween candy, little by little (as I see certain kinds the kids seem to like---aka Pixie Sticks). Time for pumpkins and hay bales. The crazy part of it all is that October is going to go by just as fast! I've already got November on the brain, which means the baby's arrival seems like it's just around the corner. This makes me anxious to get everything done right now! Chris seems to be as anxious as I am about doing some fun projects, like painting the baby's room. Now that Hannah is all switched over and in her big girl room (sheets are on the way, pictures to follow), we buckled down and ordered bedding and room decor for the new baby's room. I ended up ordering it on Ebay, which was not my plan in the beginning. However, a friend suggested I check it out, and it turned out to be the way to go. I got a set that I couldn't find at our local baby store for less than a third of the price that I would have paid for anything else. The theme for this room will be "Airplanes", and I'm really excited to get some vintage plane figurines from a local home store to hang from the ceiling. I know---I'm excited about the weird little things---but getting the room ready makes the baby's birth day seem that much closer! :) I will, of course, post pictures when that room is ready. And I'm hoping that it's ready after this weekend. :)

Speaking of Hannah's big girl room (since this post isn't random enough!), Hannah is really enjoying the fact that she can pretty much get into whatever she wants in her new room. The other night, she couldn't sleep, so she decided to get out of bed and change her clothes. She stood at the top of the stairs and shouted, "Mo-om!!! I'm wearing clothes now!! And underwear!!" Now, Hannah is not yet three years old, and she is also not fully potty trained. So, her wearing just underwear on her bottom wasn't really a good thing. I finally convinced her to put the underwear on OVER her pull-up. The good thing is that it avoided a big argument between me and my two-year old. The bad part is that she has been wearing underwear over her pull-ups ever since and I'm sure this is doing nothing for her potty-training-state-of-mind. *sigh* Oh, well....it will all click sooner or later! She's not only getting into her clothes---she also plays "hair salon" every day with Caleb (they pull down her over-flowing basket of hair bows and clip them all in Hannah's hair) and she's obsessed with putting on her own jewelry (which has prompted me to take anything of value that I don't want to be ruined and put it on the highest shelf in her closet). So far, I've been very calm about the whole thing, and I'm hoping I can keep letting her have her "independence" in her room. (We'll see.)

1 comment:

Deb said...

We need a current "bump" picture please. We feel very sorry we can't see you in person to hug your bump :-)