Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Quick Trip To...

.... the apple orchard! A couple Sundays ago, Chris had a few things to do in the office, so the kids and I were left to our own devices. This is the first weekend day in MONTHS that we didn't have a single thing on the agenda. I thought it would be the perfect day for the apple orchard and Caleb couldn't stop talking about "picking something". (Yes, he wasn't picky about what we picked---he just wanted to get out there!) We decided to go to our favorite orchard that is closer to our house, Aamodt's Apple Farm. Unfortunately, everyone and their uncle had the same idea as we did and the orchard was PACKED! The kids and I found a great parking spot (luckily), and did the first thing that was on our minds: eat! This farm has the best apple brats in town, but we had already had lunch, so we settled for some apple/oatmeal cookies (SO YUMMY) and some cold cider. We were thinking about petting the animals and riding the horses next, but since it was so busy, I wasn't sure I could handle both kids on horses by myself. Instead, we headed over to buy a bag for picking apples. As it turned out, the apple trees they directed us to were right by our truck, so we picked about a dozen apples and then headed for home. All in all, we were only there for about 45 minutes, but we plan to go back VERY soon. (Especially since I'll need more apples to make the delicious caramel apple crisp recipe that I found on the farm's website!)




No comments: