Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Colors & Belly Pic

We've had a SUPER GREAT weekend! Yesterday (Saturday), Caleb had another early-morning soccer game (only two left now). Last week, Chris' parents were able to join us for the game, and this week, my mom came to watch. I think it motivates Caleb to run faster when it's more than just Chris and me watching him. No matter what his motivation, it's great to see him want to participate and follow the ball down the field.

In the afternoon, we went to the Twins game. The last of the season for our family, and we actually just happened to get the tickets from a family member (the tickets we had for our family were already used). It was so refreshing to go to one last game with the kids and also to go to a game during the nice fall weather. Sweatshirts, jackets and even mittens---I loved it! Vendors were even walking around with soup, chili and hot chocolate. Brilliant!

Okay, on to the fall colors! :) Today, we planned on painting the baby's room. Yesterday evening, Chris installed a ceiling fan in that room (a much needed thing since before Caleb was born and in that nursery), and got the room all ready to tape. We were planning to wake up and get the project done, but Chris had a better idea. He suggested we drive up the St. Croix and look at the fall colors. So, we piled in the car and headed that way. Much like the apple orchard, everyone ELSE had the same idea as we did! There was crazy traffic in Stillwater and by the time we got to Taylors Falls, there was even crazier traffic up there. We got up to the drive-in that we like to go to once a year and it was PACKED. Luckily, we found a parking spot within a couple of minutes, but decided to order the food from the car (50's style---the girls bring it to your car and hook the tray on the window) because the tables were really busy, too. Hannah and I walked over to the mini-golf place next door to use their restroom, and the worker there told us that their business was up 30% this year in the first month they were open alone. (Recession? What recession? j/k) Anyway, after deciding that the park was going to be too busy for us to hang out at, we found a scenic overlook on our way out of town and got a few cute pictures of the kids and the fall colors. (Don't mind the squinting---it was REALLY sunny!)




It was a great impromptu day trip and a great idea on Chris' part. We even stopped by a farm on the way home and got some pumpkins for our front step. Now, it really feels like fall around here! :)

Chris also took a decent belly picture of me so I can finally show you how HUGE I've gotten....

5 comments:

Andi said...

You are adorable! I love that picture of you! Can't wait to see how the baby's room turns out once you stop taking impromptu trips! :)

Erin Lewis said...

Love the belly pic, but you are NOT HUGE!!! You look great - and totally adorable!

Deb said...

Thanks for the bump picture. You look wonderful!!!

Beth I. said...

I think you look great!

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous!!! I dont think you are huge your belly is appropriate size!! I cant wait til baby C is born! Are you sticking with his name?