We went to Chris' office party on Saturday and it was like no party they've done in the past. The party was held on Chris' colleague's farm which was just beautiful. Hannah and Chris got to ride a full-size horse and Caleb spent most of the afternoon jumping in an inflatable jumper with the other "big kids". I didn't pull my camera out to capture all the cute moments, because I was too busy chatting with the people I only see twice a year, so I'm sorry about that. Let's just say, from the time we pulled onto the farm and saw an adorable baby cow, to the moment we had to bribe the kids to leave (because they were having so much fun), we all had a great time!! :)
One of the most memorable moments for Hannah was watching the guys carve up the pig during the pig roast. It was a full pig with the head and everything. Caleb wouldn't even think of eating any of the pork after seeing the pig, but Hannah still wanted some on her plate. I know this was a memorable experience for her because just today, we were talking about what animals we see on a farm. Hannah mentioned the baby cow, and I said, "What other animals did you see?" thinking she would say 'horse'. Instead, she surprised me by saying, "A pig, and the pig was SO dead. It didn't have a head and then we ate it for supper." Okay! (For the record, it did have a head, but I think it was just so weird looking that she couldn't quite figure out what she was looking at.) So, there you have it folks! If you need to know any more details, just ask the two-year old. She tells it like it is! :)
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL Not just dead..SO dead. So funny. :)
Oh, yes! SO dead! And she says it like a 15-year old girl would, too.... :)
Post a Comment