Monday, November 8, 2010

36 WEEKS!!

Just in case you have not been paying attention to the little pregnancy ticker on the top of my blog page (which I don't blame you for!), today marks 36 weeks of my pregnancy!! I feel so great! I think I want to have ten kids and I can't wait to try for the next one. I'M TOTALLY KIDDING!!! I am HUGE. My back HURTS. I have heartburn ALL THE TIME. This pregnancy is just like my other two: no complications and a very active baby to come. However, I think my body is giving out with this one. This little baby is not just active---he's a downright athlete! I swear, he's going to come out of the womb with boxing gloves on. I'm bruised from the inside out from his strong kicks and rolling around. I also can't get comfortable in any position. At some point almost every evening, I start complaining to Chris that I can't sit down, can't lay down and can't stand anymore. What else is there?! One friend suggested an exercise ball so my wonderful husband picked one out for me last weekend. So far, I've only sat on it for a few minutes, but I can definitely see how it can help alleviate the pressure on my lower back. Ah, the tricks the I am still learning during this third pregnancy....

While I'm quick to complain about the little things, I also haven't forgotten how blessed I am. My husband and children are complete saints to put up with me these days. My children are so understanding when I say, "Mommy just needs to lay down right now!" Caleb has been my little messenger---letting the dog outside or grabbing things on out-of-reach counters. Hannah has been such a good girl, playing so nicely with her big brother and telling everyone she meets that she has a "baby brother". (They sometimes look confused until they realize that the baby brother she speaks of hasn't been born yet.) Chris is quick to tell me to relax, which makes it easier to justify in my mind, however there is still so much around the house that I want to get done before this little guy arrives. Don't get me wrong---we've done a lot of random stuff to get ready, but I still have more things on my to-do list. Tonight, we're going to get our bedroom cleared out, since I've made it my "catch all" for random stuff ever since I gave up my craft room. We want the baby to sleep in there for a couple weeks when he's born, so I need to get in gear and straighten it up. Anyhoo, I'm sure you don't want to hear about all of my little nesting quirks, so just know that I'm ready for this baby to arrive. BABY, THIS IS YOUR CUE: YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ALLOWED TO COME OUT NOW. :)

No comments: