Monday, November 15, 2010

37 Weeks....

....and counting. It's been a very eventful week since this baby has made it clear that he's coming out soon. Last Tuesday, I had some major contractions. I woke up on Wednesday with the same contractions but when I called in to the doctor she gave me some pointers on how to relax a little. I did that, the contractions subsided and then I went to Target and they started up again. You might be wondering why I didn't just go to the hospital? While the contractions were pretty intense for me, they weren't long enough for me to go to the hospital yet. So, there we were: waiting and waiting.

Thursday and Friday were pretty low-key until I went to the doctor on Friday afternoon and found out that I'm dilated to 4cm!!! In the words of my doctor, "Those contractions weren't doing nothing!!" Friday night brought on lots more heavy contractions which made me have to miss my friend's baby shower on Saturday morning. We ended up spending ALL weekend relaxing at home. We had planned to go to the Mall of America but decided against it later. Then we thought about going to the Science Museum, but decided against that, too. (That decision was due to the Vikings game. How very disappointing, indeed!!)

That brings us to Monday (today). Here I am, feeling like this baby is going to fall right out if I move the wrong way but what am I to do? My contractions are tiny so I sent Chris to work and I'm going to take Caleb to preschool as if today were the normalist of days. So, wish me luck that my water doesn't break in the middle of the grocery store (wouldn't that be a hoot?! Not!) and that we can all make it to the hospital on time, despite being dispersed throughout the cities today. Don't worry....I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Erin Lewis said...

YIKES! I know the feeling (sort of), I was having lots of contractions with both boys, but I certainly did not dilate to 4cm! You seriously better stick close together and maybe in a hotel near the hospital . . . when this baby kicks things off you better be ready!!! ;) I can't wait to see your new little on - over your blog of course! You all are in our thoughts and prayers every day!