Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Kicking My Feet Up??
We're spending today at home to make sure we're all healthy and ready for the arrival of this baby. (No, no new news....) Chris was a little worried about me in the morning so he decided to stick around for awhile. Finally, around 11am, he decided it was "safe" for him to go to work, which was fine by me, since I was busy bustling around, doing laundry and things. Chris gave Caleb a little lecture before he left, telling him to make sure that "Mommy rests today" and that I lay down quite a bit. (Yea, riiiight!) I didn't think Caleb was really listening to him until a few minutes ago when Caleb went around the entire main level of our house and picked up all the toys the kids had strewn around this morning. He put everything in the playroom, and I was very impressed! I was in the middle of making some macaroni and cheese for the kids at the time, so a minute later I told them that lunch was ready. As Caleb came into the kitchen and saw me putting lunch on the table, he said, "Mom! You don't have to do this! We can take care of ourselves! Go lie down!" I was speechless! He even went as far as to say, "I'll clean up Hannah's mess, Mom." WOW!! Yea, okay, I'll just kick my feet up and let you guys do the dishes!! No, I'm kidding, but I can say that Caleb wanting to take such an initiative in helping around the house today DOES make the relaxing times more relaxing for me. What a big helper he is!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment