Tuesday, November 30, 2010

39 weeks and counting.....

Are you sick of hearing updates about this pregnancy?? I have to admit, I'm sick of WRITING updates about this pregnancy! I would much rather tell you all about this little boy's gurgles and smiles, and all about how he's growing. The one snafu is that he just doesn't want to come out so we can enjoy those things!!! How crazy to look at the ticker on the top of this blog and see that it says "6 days left". Less than a week until my due date and here I am, still pregnant.

Yesterday was quite an eventful day. Over the weekend, I started to feel some pain that was very uncomfortable (when is pain NOT uncomfortable, I know). On Monday, the pain was still there and I was feeling kind of crampy, so I kept Caleb home from preschool just for the sake of us needing to relax. The problem was that we had basically been home all weekend (literally) so the kids were already stir-crazy by 10 am. What to do, what to do? I called Chris and told him that we'd be coming downtown for lunch and that I planned to do some walking around the Minneapolis skyway. He thought that was a great idea, so we got ready and headed that way. Lunch at Macy's and a visit to Santa ended up on the agenda, and it was a great distraction from the pain and pressure that I was still feeling. (Hannah was the only one that would sit on Santa's lap, so I didn't buy the picture. We'll visit again when this little baby is born.) We continued walking after that and ended up making a HUGE circle through the city back to Chris' office. During that time, I had so many hard contractions and I had to stop walking every few minutes. When we got back to Chris' office, I called the doctor just to make sure that I shouldn't be worried about the pressure I was feeling and, of course, the nurse ended up sending us to the hospital! We could call that "False Alarm #2", however, we knew that we'd get sent home because we weren't in labor. They ended up monitoring me and the baby for about an hour, telling me that there was, once again, no change or progression and also saying that they weren't too worried about the pain I was feeling. The on-call doctor said that when I go in for my appointment on Wednesday (tomorrow), I should ask about being induced. Ahhh!! This baby is really making this a roller-coaster! Anyhoo, we were sent home, as we expected, and all is the same. I'll be sure to post again tomorrow evening to let you know what they say. Let's hope they say, "Oh, my---go to the hospital right this minute and have this baby!!" I'll keep my fingers crossed but I'd say the chances are slim to none.... :)

1 comment:

Deb said...

We're still rooting for you! Looks like 2 December Christenson kids. It will make a cool mother's ring. 2 light blues with a sapphire blue in the middle. Keep your chin up:-)