Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

Did you do a lot of Black Friday shopping? Don't tell me you're done with all of your holiday shopping now!! :) I just started my real Christmas shopping a week or two ago. (I've been collecting stocking stuffers for months, however.) I'm not a big Black Friday shopper, mostly because I'm too lazy to get up early and stand in line, but this year, the bug got to us a little bit. Chris found a B.F. deal for tires, of all things. We needed new tires on our sedan and just hadn't gotten around to bringing the car into the tire place yet. Good thing we waited because Chris happened to be looking online the other day and saw that a local place was having a great deal today. He got up early and was home and back in bed by 8:00am, with new tires on the car, of course! I, myself, didn't want to get up early and go anywhere, but sitting with my sister-in-law on Thanksgiving and looking at all the ads from the paper got me a little excited. I found two things that were on my "to buy" list for the kids that were on mega-sale. Unfortunately, that still wasn't enough motivation to get me to the store in person. My sister-in-law offered to check them out for me if she went to that store, but she ended up not going. That was no problem, because around 7:30am, I realized that my aunt was probably heading to that store, too. Sure enough, she was on her way there and was able to find one of the items that I needed. Hooray!! Tires and one toy---that was the extent of our shopping this year, which is perfectly fine with me!

Besides, we need to save our energy for cutting down our Christmas tree in a few hours.... :)

No comments: