Yesterday, we were "out and about" in the later afternoon (yes, we did end up using that coupon to get Caleb's hair cut). As we were making our way home, Hannah fell asleep in the car, which is very typical. I put her on the couch when we got home and she slept for a good three hours total. Now, first let me mention that I DID try to wake her up. I KNEW that she wouldn't go to sleep at her normal 8:00 bedtime because of her nap. So, that said, Chris and I let the two "olders" stay up a little extra and then tried to put them to bed at 9:00 instead. Caleb went right to sleep. Connor was already asleep in his crib. Hannah, on the other hand, got up to "go potty" almost immediately after we left her room with her in her bed. Then, I found her with the light on in her room playing with her brother's action figures while sitting in her bed. Fifteen minutes later, after she was singing so loudly in her bedroom that I thought she'd wake up the baby, I found her with the light on, once again, and all of the books from her book shelf scattered all over her bed. *sigh* I ended up letting her keep some toys/books in her bed, but told her that she HAD to keep her light off. A few minutes passed, and she kept to her word, so I thought I'd relax a little myself. Chris was working in the basement, so I thought I'd take a nice hot bath and enjoy a glass of wine and my new magazine that came in the mail the day before. When I got in the tub in our master bathroom, I thought about locking the door but realized that a little person might get out of bed looking for a parent while I was in there. Sure enough, not 10 minutes into my relaxation, I hear a voice from my bedroom shouting, "MOM?? DAD??? I'm scared!!!" I hollered that I was in the bathroom. I heard shuffling right outside the bathroom door. I said in a normal voice, "Hannah, I'm in the bathtub." The door opened, and here waddles in my little red-headed three-year old, Tinkerbell PJs and all. She looked at the bubbles in the tub and her eyes got wide with excitement. "Wow! You're taking a bath? Are you gonna wash your hair? You have a lot of bubbles in there. Are you drinking wine? Is the water hot?" etc, etc, etc. (Again I'll say: I don't know where she gets this talking gene from...) I explained to Hannah that I was going to get out of the tub in just a few minutes so she should get back into bed and I'll come in there and tuck her in for the last time that night. (So much for reading my magazine!) Hannah finally decided that she was satisfied with my answer. She turned to go out of the bathroom and as she was leaving, she was slowly closing the door behind her. All of a sudden, she stuck her head back in the bathroom.
"Mom?"
"Yes, Hannah?"
"You should lock this door so I can't come in."
"Thanks, Hannah."
Friday, March 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment