Thursday, March 17, 2011

Well-Rested

Two blog posts in one morning?! Unheard of! j/k Actually, I'm just bored and blogging sounds more appealing than doing laundry or any other sort of housework right now. :)

I thought I'd tell you about Connor's latest milestone. I am still praying that it's not a fluke because he has slept through the night for two nights in a row!! His routine before that was actually pretty nice: he would sleep from about 8pm to 3:30am. I couldn't get him to stay up any later than 8pm (believe me, I tried) so I felt like he would never sleep longer than 3:30am. However, two nights ago, he slept from his usual 8pm to 7am!! I got up a couple times during the night to stick his pacifier in his mouth or just check to see if he was okay. At 7am, I heard him "talking" in his crib, so I went in the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I came out of that bathroom, he was completely silent again. I thought to myself, "He couldn't have fallen asleep again??" so I tiptoed into his room. There was my little angel, lying in his crib, wide awake and smiling at me, as if he was saying, "Surprise! I did it, Mom!" :) I was so happy but, again, I thought it was a fluke. So, last night, my expectations were very low. Again, he went to bed at 8pm and ended up sleeping until 5am!! 9 hours!! I'll take it! Although, Chris and I were not as well-rested this morning as yesterday morning due to another child of ours waking up and taking about an hour of precious sleeping time as she complained of a tummy ache. She woke up fine and Connor woke up happy (after I fed him and let him sleep another three hours in our bed), not to mention how proud Chris and I were, once again. Okay, so I know tonight could be different. Maybe he won't sleep at all or maybe he'll wake up 10 times, but these past two nights have been so wonderful that I just needed to share my joy.

No comments: