Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green Milk

Today is St. Patrick's Day!! This is normally a school day for Caleb, so we usually pack on the green clothes as we head out the door and have a busy day ahead of us. However, this year, St. Patty's Day falls over Spring Break for us. No school...no activities...no where to go! I think I got a St. Patrick's Day coupon for Caleb's haircut place so maybe we'll put on the green for a quick jaunt to the kiddie salon? Not too exciting but oh, well. I've found that I'm not very festive today with nothing green to wear myself and not planning any sort of "Irish" meal for dinner. I did however give Caleb a St. Patty's Day laugh: when I was a kid, my mom would always put green food coloring in milk before we went to school and serve us that with our breakfast. Sounds funny I know but I for one looked forward to it every year (even though I refused to drink the actual milk due to the color). I thought I'd trick Caleb this morning, so I put some "green milk" in a measuring cup so he could clearly see the color and pour it over his cereal by himself. He said, "What IS this?!" when he saw it, then happily poured it over his milk, thinking that it was pretty neat. Hannah on the other hand said, "Do NOT give me green milk. I'll take white milk" then changed her tune as I was getting ready to pour it. "Mom, can I have pink milk instead?" :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day to one and all! Go about your day, drinking your Irish coffee and green beer and don't forget to have some corned beef with cabbage for dinner! ;)

No comments: