Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Three Months Old!


Our little man is officially three months old! Wow, how time flies! His personality has been shining through lately and he's been more interactive, which his older siblings love! :)

Here are some of the things that he has been doing:

* He loves to lay down on his "play gym" and look in the mirror. He almost always starts smiling at his reflection. I'm certain he thinks it's another really good-looking baby!!

* He smiles practically every time someone looks at him. He'll fuss sometimes when he's laying on the floor by himself or sitting in his swing with no one around, and as soon as we walk over to him, he's all smiles! What a social fellow!

* He's started using his highchair because it can recline. This is nice because all of us can sit up at the dinner table now. Connor is just happy to watch us eat and talk. I can't wait until he can do the same. :)

* He has rolled over from his tummy to his back four times!! He really really tries every time he's on his tummy. It's just a matter of where his arm is positioned and if it's in the way of him rolling or not. We love all of these little milestones!

* He's awake a lot more during the day, which is really normal for babies his age. He accompanied his big sister and I to the Mall of America this week and was awake the whole time. I put the visor back on his infant seat and he spent the whole time looking around at the lights and sights of the mall. It's so fun to go out in public with a happy, awake infant so I hope he stays this way. :)

* Here is something he is NOT doing: sleeping through the night! No worries, since his brother didn't sleep through the night until 9 months old and I've been lazy with Connor's nighttime feedings. I've been letting Connor cuddle with Chris and me in our bed and he really likes it!! He's been a little cuddler from the start and I hope he keeps THAT trait, too!!

* Connor took a bath in the "big" tub last night with his sister. Big brother sat on the side of the tub with me and helped pour water on Connor's chest and arms. (We put the baby tub IN the big tub and there was still room for Hannah to sit in the big tub, too.) I think this will be our new routine because all the kids seemed to enjoy it. Connor certainly liked all the attention from his siblings while I washed his hair. Just wait until he can hold bath toys!

* Speaking of holding things, he has his first "favorite toy". He LOVES his hanging giraffe and we have to bring it everywhere with us. The giraffe gets moved from the carseat to his play gym to his Jumperoo to the high chair and back again all in a day. Connor always smiles at the giraffe and pulls on its legs. He loves it so much that I've started pulling other toys down from his room and putting them in the living room. I think it will just be a matter of time before he wants to hold more toys and put them in his mouth, of course!!

Well, that's about all the new stuff I can think of for this month. Connor is a joy to our lives and we love watching him grow every day!! He is such an adorable, happy baby and we are so blessed to be apart of his life. :) Love you, Connor!!

1 comment:

Jon and Stefanie said...

Love the update and that cute face!